Collection: Ensure a balanced collection is planned and delivered, which reflects the brand, maximises commercial opportunities and delivers continuous profit growth.
Trading: Maximise commercial opportunities and minimise areas of risk by regularly reviewing performance and trends and reacting accordingly.
Team: Bring a coaching mentality that supports the development and morale of the team, developing high performers that achieve great results.
- The buying function is integral in delivering the product offer and liaises with and supports cross-functional departments (Design, Merchandising, Product Development, Production, Ecommerce and Retail) in producing the strongest Women’s Ready-to-Wear and Accessories collection for each market channel.
- Manage the product offer from design inception through to consumer, ensuring a mix of trend, history and balance is integrated across each of the categories.
- Support in the managing and achieving of the WW critical path, ensuring Design, PD and Production teams deliver to the calendar deadlines.
- Support the Head of Women’s Buying & Merchandising, with constant and fluid communication on all key WW messages maintaining a 100% trust relationship. Help to deliver any important information across the business and deputise when required.
- Provide strong leadership and direction and effectively influence overall business results.
- Brand building and range shaping working to ensure a cohesive product offer.
- Demonstrate product passion and understanding of the brand and DNA.
- Ensure stock turn, sales and profits are met on a consistent basis, in line with the agreed strategy.
DRIVING THE BUSINESS
- Work with Merchandising team to deliver detailed range plans for the season communicating to Design in an appropriate and effective way.
- Support B&M/Design team on a day to day basis.
- Work with the Design team from design inception through to delivery to customer and ensure a consistent brand identity that is commercial, relevant, on trend and aspirational range is delivered.
- Challenge the Design and Merchandising teams driving new and interesting brand appropriate product.
- Contribute, prepare and support the Senior Buyer in Product presentations and range reviews with Design and Merchandising.
- Drive product development and commerciality through involvement in fit sessions, fabric and colour choice.
- Constantly review Womenswear market and external competitors, through regular comp shops and research, to ensure the collection that is delivered to market is appropriate.
- Extensive research for new trends, colours and shapes appropriate to the brand, and feed into the design process for new season collections.
- Review pricing architecture with Merchandising team to ensure the brand is competitive and relevant to the customer.
- Gather constructive feedback from stores, VM and Retail and communicate effectively with relevant departments.
- With the Buyer, oversee OE planning, ensuring we are using liability where appropriate. Manage approval and fits process to deliver the Outlet Range within critical path.
- Work closely with VM and eCommerce to ensure the design process and aesthetics are represented through product placement and advertorial.
- Support the B&M Manager and Head of Design with any relevant tasks.
- Awareness of financial targets understanding the building blocks of how they are to be delivered.
- Show continual awareness of the global customer profile and reflect this in all activities and decisions.
- Contribute commercial ideas and views, adding value to decisions made by the team.
- Work with Design, Merchandising and Production to assess the size of trend, using past history and judgement to scope potential.
- Use knowledge of store space and the different retail channels to ensure coordinated product is delivered to every area of the business working with Branch Merchandising and the multi-channel teams to realise potential.
- Analyse and interpret information from different sources quickly and accurately to make effective decisions.
- Take difficult and business critical decisions confidently and accurately with the best interest of the business in mind.
- Consider a range of options before forming views, actively seeking opinions from others to improve ideas.
- Find logical and commercial solutions to problems, contributing to team problem solving.
- Always consider the brand in every decision.
- Review past decisions in light of new information.